Chapa-De Indian Health a non-profit community health center has an opportunity for a Physician to join their team at their clinic in Auburn, CA.
The Staff Physician will be responsible for providing primary health care services consistent with accepted medical practices, training, accreditation standards and the philosophy of Chapa-De Indian Health Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct medical services to Program patients. Scope of work includes adult & pediatric primary care, chronic illness and disease management minor surgeries and procedures, and all other areas of family medicine.
- Interdepartmental medical consultation as requested.
- Clinical supervision of mid-level staff, resident physicians, FNP/PA and medical students as needed.
- Participate in the development of medical services, including protocols, standard procedures, and management of patient care related activities.
- Serve as liaison with the local medical community. Initiate appropriate specialty referrals.
- Provide leave coverage, if necessary, between the Auburn and Grass Valley sites as agreed upon with the Medical Administrator.
- Advise Medical Administrator of any problems that can affect the efficiency of the Medical Department.
- Provide required Federal and State Ambulatory Patient Care Data on appropriate forms and follow Indian Health Service health care maintenance guidelines.
- Record patient chart entries in Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan (SOAP) format.
- Complete appropriate documentation necessary for Data and Billing Departments.
- Advise nursing staff of appropriate response to patient phone calls.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Licensed Physician; Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine with Pediatric Specialty.
- Two years clinical experience in the direct delivery of primary care.
- BLS certification required.
- Current DEA license
- Proficient with the Electronic Medical System.
- Experience working within a community clinic.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work well under pressure, analyze and evaluate individual member’s needs, reach sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task effectively.
- Sensitive to American Indian culture and health needs. Prior experience in cross-cultural medicine desirable.
- Current and in good standing CDL, vehicle insurance and DMV printout required.
- Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chapa-De is a non-profit community outpatient health center with a mission to advance the health and well-being of American Indians and low income individuals living in our communities by providing convenient access to high quality, compassionate care. With clinics located in Auburn, CA and Grass Valley, CA, we have multidisciplinary health care teams that provide a broad spectrum of services including adult and pediatric primary care, nutrition and health education, women's health services, dental care, orthodontia, mental health and substance abuse counseling, psychiatry, optometry, and pharmacy.
The following benefits of working at Chapa-De as a provider include:
- Low patient to provider ratio
- No Weekends (no on-call)
- Leave every day at 5:30 p.m.
- Guaranteed Salary + Comprehensive Benefits
- Collegial environment – terrific office staff
- Opportunity for Loan Repayment from as Chapa-De is approved site for LRP through IHS and NHSC
- Covered Malpractice Health Insurance
- CME Allowance/Time off
- DEA waiver