Chapa-De is seeking a Pharmacy Technician for a part-time position at our Auburn clinic. The position is 30-32 hours a week.
The Clinical Pharmacy Technician works under the direction of the Clinical Pharmacist to provide prescription services, as well as quality patient health care. The Clinical Pharmacy Technician must perform his/her duties under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, with an emphasis on team-based care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of prescriptions sent to non-Chapa-De pharmacies via fax, phone, and eCW.
- Process insurance prior authorizations.
- Process and direct telephone calls to appropriate avenues.
- Recognize and reach out to high risk patients that may benefit from comprehensive medication management.
- Procurement and organization of patient data from various resources.
- Perform reminder calls to patients regarding appointments and upcoming lab work.
- Perform follow up calls with patients to establish possible need for additional clinical pharmacist intervention.
- Utilize Mirixa and Outcomes platforms to provide Medication Therapy Management Services.
- Promote awareness of medication safety and compliance.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Chapa-De both in the work place and in the community.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to position including; HIPAA, Scope of Practice, Accreditation Standards, OSHA, and the Agency’s Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Clinical Pharmacist or Pharmacy Director.
- Pharmacy Technician licensure with California Board of Pharmacy.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a pharmacy technician in the retail, hospital or clinical setting.
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws and best practice.
- Experience in the clinical setting working in an interprofessional team environment preferred.
- Experience with management of prescription insurance and Prior Authorizations a plus.
- eClincalWorks experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Outcomes and Mirixa Platform desired.
- Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment with constant interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have Current documentation of TB test and physical examination.
- Must valid California driver‘s license, proof of auto insurance and acceptable DMV record.
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required. The employee must occasionally be required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations.
Full benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, life insurance, LTD, and retirement plan.
Note to Applicants: Please be advised at post job offer, pre-employment Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, Authorization to release information for Criminal Background check is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Chapa-De Indian Health
Equal Employment Employer: Within the scope of Indian Preference, all candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin or other non-merit factors.
Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Furthermore, Chapa-De Indian Health will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.