The Information Systems Technicians main function is to provide help desk support. The IST assists with hardware and software maintenance and technical support for Local Area Network (LAN) and VOIP Telephone system. The Information Systems Technician is responsible for supporting existing systems, and implementing technology based solutions within Chapa-De Indian Health Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Main point of contact for the Help Desk 9000 line. Creates and assigns work tickets via electronic ticketing system during service hours.
- Utilizes technical expertise when troubleshooting, isolating, diagnosing and resolving common network problems within Local Area Network (LAN).
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems for end users.
- Create and administer Active Directory accounts and agency email. (create/delete accounts, troubleshoot and train.)
- Administers VoIP phone system (password resets, voicemail boxes, phone builds).
- Orders new phone lines and repairs to existing lines as needed.
- Prepares, presents and/or coordinates computer, network and applications training for staff and also for new hires in small group sessions.
- Conduct Information Security Awareness Training with the Chapa-De workforce, and also for new hires small group sessions.
- Provision & maintain user accounts in legacy EMR programs (RPMS / EHR / MoonWalk / Dentrix).
- Provision and maintain accounts in e-ClinicalWorks including, but not limited to: password resets / Troubleshoot ECW application issues as well as problems related to its peripherals (For example: Scanners / Label Printers / Dragon Naturally Speaking / Imprivata SSO).
- As directed, work with vendors to resolve issues with clinical and operational software systems other than eCW. (For example: CliniView, ScriptPro, Diabetes software, Behavior Health software, SAGE financial suite etc.)
- Conduct Quarterly Security Audits to ensure and/or remediate computers that have the latest version of anti-virus, patches, and that users are not downloading malicious programs and are performing to security standards set forth by Chapa-De IT.
- Writes and maintains system documentation on solved problems and procedures within the Spiceworks electronic ticketing system.
- Sets up and adjusts audio-visual equipment for meetings.
- Assembles, installs and configures computer equipment (PC’s, Laptops, Tablets, and Thin Clients), monitors and peripherals such as printers and related hardware as required.
- Server Administration & Maintenance: Server Builds / Conduct server maintenance as well as troubleshoot server related issues / Conduct hardware maintenance in relation to servers.
- Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends as related to duties.
- Prepares technical writing documentation.
- Provides IT support at Auburn and Grass Valley sites.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Chapa-De both in the work place and in the community.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to position including; HIPAA, Scope of Practice, Accreditation Standards, OSHA, and the Agency's Policies & Procedures.
- Occasional after hours and weekend work required to support upgrades, deployments and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree or 2 years of experience preferably in healthcare.
- Knowledge of Windows server 2003, 2008 & 2012 Server, Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office Solutions and Active Directory, Apple iOS, VM Ware and HyperV.
- Experience with SolarWinds / NCentral tools.
- Experience with maintaining VOIP phone system preferred.
- Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, cabling, database management, technical writing documentation, HIPAA security requirements, hardware selections and installation.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and support activities for end users.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently managing multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Current and in good standing; CDL, vehicle insurance and DMV printout.
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required. The employee must occasionally be required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work.
Full benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, life insurance, LTD, and retirement plan.
Note to Applicants: Please be advised at post job offer, pre-employment Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, Authorization to release information for Criminal Background check is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Chapa-De Indian Health
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Employer: Within the scope of Indian Preference, all candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin or other non-merit factors.
Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Furthermore, Chapa-De Indian Health will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.