The primary focus of the Medical Patient Care Representative is to check patients in and out for all clinic disciplines, verify patient demographics and insurance eligibility information, enter or obtain information via Moonwalk, schedule appointments, answer all calls as presented, join the call center as needed, and other functions pertaining to patient flow with an emphasis on team-based care.
- Greet patients and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Check in and register patients: Obtain demographics and insurance information, verify insurance coverage, update changes to demographics and/or insurance information into the system accurately.
- Coordinate patient/clinic flow ensuring patients are cared for in the most efficient manner.
- Copy and scan all acceptable forms of ID, required third party information, i.e., Medi-Cal, Medicare, and private insurance cards.
- Direct patients to eligibility personal as needed.
- Assist in determining if a patient qualifies for any programs offered by the agency i.e., sliding scale, Family PACT, CDP.
- Obtain the required signatures i.e., HIPAA and ABO.
- Accurately schedule patients ensuring that schedule reflects appropriate clinician and effective use of clinical hours.
- Monitors no-shows/cancellations for available access where same day appointments can be utilized.
- Collect co-pays, SOC or other previous balance due.
- Apply SOC payments received to the Medi-Cal website on the day of the visit.
- Ensure validity of all Indian Verification, copy and scan all records.
- Answer telephones, enter messages accurately into the EHR - refer to nurse for triage as needed.
- Confirm and fast-track next day appointments addressing appointment time, insurance and Medi-Cal eligibility.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries concerning advice and patient triage.
- Communicates frequently with the clinic.al team regarding patient requests, scheduling issues or other aspects of duties.
- Effectively maintains and protects the confidentiality of all medical records and patient information.
- Attend seminars and trainings to maintain current knowledge of processes and systems.
- Provide patients with a list of Community Resources when needed.
- Provide Patient Wellness Handout at check-out to all patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One year experience in a Medical front office setting.
- One year experience running eligibility for Medical, including knowledge of Medi-Cal, Medicare, Private Insurance and Workers Compensation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Average proficiency using a computer to accomplish work.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete it on a timely basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with change and seek out opportunities to effect change to promote patient care.
- Strong customer service approach to problem solving situations.
- Ability to construct basic sentences in order to convey patient requests and messages in the EHR.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent people skills and customer service orientation.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Current and in good standing: CDL, vehicle insurance and DMV printout.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required. The employee must occasionally be required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental & vision insurance, LTD, life insurance, 403(b) plan, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition assistance, licensed renewal reimbursement and carpool incentive program.
Note to Applicants: Please be advised at post job offer, pre-employment Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, Authorization to release information for Criminal Background check is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Chapa-De Indian Health.
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Employer: Within the scope of Indian Preference, all candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin or other non-merit factors.
Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Furthermore, Chapa-De Indian Health will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.