The RDA will work directly under the supervision of the RDA Supervisor providing dental treatment to the clinic patients. In addition, the RDA must be knowledgeable and sufficiently skilled in all phases of assistance as outlined below.
The RDA must communicate well and be able to establish rapport with patients and their families. Must be sensitive to the needs of the Indian community, its cultures, traditions, behavior patterns, and background. Must be familiar with the aims and objectives of the Program and express a genuine enthusiasm for its success. In addition, the RDA must be willing to learn new procedures and terminology consistent with current dental techniques and technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and be proficient in all phases of 4 handed dental assisting for endo, prostho, perio, oral surgery, and restorative procedures.
- Be proficient with dental terminology, medication, and instruments used during the above procedures.
- Expose, process, and mount routine diagnostic radiographs.
- Perform expanded duties to the extent the law permits.
- Perform such laboratory duties as making impression trays, pouring models, etc.
- Maintain dental equipment in operatory and ensure operatories are in good, clean condition in strict accordance with protocols at all times.
- Provide preventive dental education to clinic patients.
- Record findings of examination on patient records.
- Work in conjunction with Staff Dentists/Dental Coordinator to develop and implement preventive dental activities for the community.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance
- Maintain currency through continuing education courses and meetings.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Chapa-De both in the work place and in the community.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to position including; HIPAA, Scope of Practice, Accreditation Standards, OSHA and the Agency’s Policies & Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to other Chapa-De clinics based on agency needs.
Chapa-De offers a comprehensive benefits package that include Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer matching, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Assistance for Continuing Education, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Carpool Incentive Program. As a full-time employee, Chapa-De pays 100% for the employee's benefits. Our paid time off policy is very generous, with new employees earning 17 days a year.