Chapa-De Indian Health a non-profit community health center has a part-time opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner at their clinic in Auburn, CA
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner works as a member of an integrated primary care/behavioral health team to provide outpatient psychiatric services to a diverse population within a community health care setting.
- Assess patients’ mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members; including psychiatrists (on-site and via telepsychiatry), primary care providers, behavioral health clinicians, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Conduct individual psychotherapy for those with chronic or acute mental disorders.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
- Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Document patients’ medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes.
- Educate patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions, preventive health measures, medications, or treatment plans.
- Evaluate patients’ behavior to formulate diagnoses or assess treatments.
- Monitor patients’ medication usage and results.
- Administer and monitor prescribed prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by laws and regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Chapa-De both in the work place and in the community.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to position including; HIPAA, Scope of Practice, Accreditation Standards, OSHA, and the Agency’s Policies & Procedures.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
- Completion of an approved Master’s level Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program required.
- Valid CA Nurse Practitioner license.
- Valid CA Registered Nurse license.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Furnishing number from the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Knowledge of providing culturally competent services to a variety of diverse patients desired.
- Knowledge of CA laws and regulations for mental health services; non-violent crisis intervention techniques.
- Evidence-based practices and philosophy, data collection and record-keeping techniques required.
- Excellent communication skills, good organizational and interpersonal skills and highly motivated.
- Proficiency with computers, information systems and experience working in a Electronic Health Record (EHR) environment.
- Current and in good standing: CDL, proof of vehicle insurance and DMV printout.
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Within the scope of Indian Preference, all candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin or other non-merit factors.
Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Chapa-De Indian Health abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Furthermore, Chapa-De Indian Health will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Note to Applicants: Please be advised at post job offer, pre-employment Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, Authorization to release information for Criminal Background check is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Chapa-De Indian Health.
The following benefits of working at Chapa-De as a provider include:
- Guaranteed Salary + Comprehensive Benefits
- Collegial environment – terrific office staff
- Opportunity for Loan Repayment from as Chapa-De is approved site for LRP through IHS and NHSC
- Covered Malpractice Health Insurance
- CME Allowance/Time off
- DEA waiver